Apr 27, 2007

Tool no.1 - Design sketching vol 2..

since blogger accepting only mini posts...

More info about sketching techniques can be found in many places: car body design, car design news and also by looking at what others have made for example at coroflot, even though it tends to be mostly of 3D and photography. Don't forget the Design Sketching -book where techniques are well explained.

My own sketching skills are built up a bit by bit. I use mostly pen, but sometimes I change for my tiny wacom and try to create nice renderings. With wacom, one can quite easily and fast create nice pictures. However, the speed still is far from the one reached with traditional media, if no special diamonds are needed.

pencil and markers - a fast sketch

Ideation sketching

2 comments:

closetlurker said...

I'm really impressed by your designs - you've definitely got talent! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Ville Ylläsjärvi said...

Thank you for the nice feedback! I'll try push some design works out frequently, since this occupation is something one is in love with..